SwitchONBenefits is an extensive lifestyle and affinity programme that goes beyond traditional rewards – it also gives users the opportunity to play fun trivia games and win real-value prizes. In addition, premium users, who pay a weekly subscription fee, have access to an extensive list of exclusive, premium reward benefits, subscription fees being fed back into the programme, guaranteeing customers more benefits and better value.
Vodacom is a leading African communications company providing a wide range of communication services, including mobile voice, messaging, data, financial and converged services to 69.3 million customers.
Vodacom required a suitable vouchering and rewards platform that offers the following features:
- Data migration from the previous vouchering solution
- Three front-end platforms, including mobile app (iOS and Android), web app (mobi) and USSD – including bespoke integrations with third-parties to meet these platform deliverables
- Self-managed deal content via a content approval process
- The ability for selected CMS users to highlight / pick which deals are the deals of the day, week or month (i.e. Featured Deals)
- Push notifications
- Social sharing
- Member tiering
- Registration / Mobile number verification
- Data recording
- Third-party advertising
- Help / FAQs
- Affiliate deals
- Location-based USSD services
- Action-based loyalty vouchers and dynamic rendering
- Electronic gifting
- Payment gateway integration and a full eCommerce solution, including a loyalty currency
- Combination deals (added-value deals for Vodacom)
On 28 Feb 2018, Mobecom seamlessly switched out the previous vouchering platform from a previous Vodacom partner, and switched over to its Muulla modular technology stack, without any downtime.
The USSD and web app platforms went live, followed by the apps on 19 March 2018.
All the relevant data was migrated successfully from the previous database and existing clients could easily log-in and navigate their profiles, peruse location-based deals and download vouchers.
New members were able to register easily via a quick double-opt in process.
Both Vodacom and SwitchONBenefits end users have consistently expressed satisfaction with the new SwitchONBenefits service, which also reflects in increases in monthly revenue, and customer engagement via voucher downloads.